GSP Continues Winning Streak After UFC 158
19 July 2017
Congrats to GSP for defending his welterweight title for an 8th straight time!
Fans were abuzz on March 16th, 2013 where Georges St. Pierre (24-2-0) had his long awaited match with rival, Nick Diaz (27-8-0), on his home turf of Montreal. After years of anticipation and animosity, the two stepped into the octagon to settle the score once and for all.
With a unanimous decision victory, the reigning champ held on to the title yet again and came out dominating the fight. GSP's takedowns and floor work controlled the bout for the full five rounds and left Diaz unable to recover.
GSP, Patrick Cote, Jordan Mein, Rick Story and Yves Jabouin were among the night’s fighters sporting Hayabusa gear and who also happened to leave victorious. Coincidence? We think not.
Here's a recap of how the matches went down...
- Fight recaps Johny Hendricks takes down Carlos Condit on unanimous decision
- Jake Ellenberger takes down Nate Marquardt via KO in first round
- Chris Camozzi takes down Nick Ring with a split decision
- Mike Ricci defeats Colin Fletcher by unanimous decision
- Patrick Cote takes down Bobby Voelker with unanimous decision
- Darren Elkins defeats Antonio Carvalho via TKO in Round 1
- Jordan Mein takes down Dan Miller via TKO (strikes) in Round 1
- John Makdessi takes down Daron Cruickshank with unanimous decision
- Rick Story defeats Quinn Mulhern via TKO (strikes) in Round 1 T.J.
- Dillashaw takes down Issei Tamura via KO (strikes) in Round 2
- George Roop takes down Reuben Duran via unanimous decision
Leave a Reply
All fields are required. We won't spam you!